CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2013

Recipes for Families on the Go!

We had a special request for quick recipes for families on the go- I personally am always on the go! I have a number of cookbooks that I rarely get to bust open for a good big home cooked dinner. I understand the pain most American families feel now a days.

Below are a few of my favorite quick recipes and even a few websites that can give you more ideas!


Homemade Pizza
*Buy the roll out dough (I use Pillsbury) and preheat the oven as directed.
*While the oven is preheating get your pizza ready to go with all "fully cooked" ingredients or vegetables. 
((use fully cooked pepperoni, ham, turkey or bacon as you want on it.)
*Don't forget your favorite store bought sauce, just throw it all together.
*Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes (until dough is cooked thoroughly)
*Allow to cool for 5 minutes
*Enjoy!!


Sub Sandwiches
When I tell my husband we need a quick dinner this is his go-to!
*Preheat oven to 350* (optional)
*Use sub bread that can be found in your local grocers deli department. Cut off how much you want, slice to make the sandwich.
*Place the cheese and meats on your sandwich as you desire
*If baking do NOT place condiments on your sandwich before baking!!!
*Eat cold OR Bake for 5 minutes open faced, allow to cool for 3 minutes.
*Enjoy!


Chef's Salad
My personal favorite quick dinner!
*Place lettuce or salad mix in a large bowl
*Chop ham or turkey and place in bowl (your desired amount)
*Place cheese of your choice in bowl
*Chop boiled eggs and place in bowl
*Drizzle with dressing and mix together 
*Enjoy!

**This works best "quickly" if you boil eggs previously and place them in a sealed container in your refrigerator. 
**When baking a dinner be sure to get any extra "necessities" while it's baking such as plates, silverware or drinks.

Those were just a few of my families favorites- below are a few that I found online when I searched quick easy recipes.

(Ready in 20 minutes!)
(Ready in 15 minutes!)
(Ready in 35 minutes!)
(Ready in 25 minutes!)
(Ready in 30 minutes!)
(Ready in 30 minutes!)
(Ready in 30 minutes!)

These recipes were pulled from allrecipes.com and from campbellskitchen.com .
I hope this helps you or gets you started with quick easy dinner recipes for your busy family!
-SC

No comments:

Post a Comment