CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cleaning Organization

Hello Loves! Let me first start by saying we have a new writer on the blog named Heather! Be nice to her y'all, she's super sweet and she coupons! She can give you great tips on how to get free or extremely reduced items at your local stores.

Moving forward now- we had a request! I love filling requests from the readers- this one in particular ran right up my alley.

Organization!


I plan on breaking up this particular subject over a few different posts. But for me basic organization starts with a good cleaning schedule. It's hard to stay organized if you can't keep a clean home. A messy home means a messy start.

I must admit that before a birthday party or gathering at my home of any form I do spend the day before cleaning everything that will be seen; kitchen, bathroom, living room, sweeping the back porch, vacuuming the hallways, and kids rooms if children will be there for the gathering. I think everyone does that though, right? 

On a regular week however I have a basic cleaning schedule. At times it's hard to stick to but I make it work anyway. I have small children at home so there is a few things that gets done daily such as vacuuming the more "common" places like the living room and the hallways. Anywho- here's a basic look at what my schedule entails.


Sunday:
ALL bedsheets in the laundry
Kitchen (counter tops, sweep, mop)
Dining Room (clear all junk off table, wash the table, sweep and mop)
Vacuum "common" areas

Monday:
1 load of laundry
Bathroom (sink, toilet, shower, sweep, mop and mirrors)
Vacuum "common" areas
Gather all trash (garbage runs for us on Tuesday morning)

Tuesday:
1 load of laundry (if needed)
Living Room (dust, vacuum and windows)
Vacuum Hallway

Wednesday:
Kids rooms (dust and vacuum)
My room (dust and vacuum)

Thursday:
1 load of laundry (if needed)
Laundry Room (wipe off washer/dryer, sweep and mop)
Gather all trash

Friday:
(This is my hectic day- keep it simple!)
Vacuum "common" areas
Sweep back porch (if needed)

Saturday:
(This is my "in place" day- if it doesn't go where it's laying then it gets put in a basket and moved to its rightful spot)
Laundry
"In place" pickup through every room of the home.


 If you stick to a basic schedule then you will eventually get so good at the routine that you can "clean" on a daily basis for less than 45 minutes- lately I've been hitting right about 30 minutes; except laundry of course that takes longer.

Keeping things in their rightful spot or room will help with a good cleaning schedule. For example we are currently working with my kids about not playing in the living room. That's what the backyard and their bedrooms are for- plus it make sit easier for them to find the toy they are looking for if they don't have to search the entire house for it. 

I hope you found this to be helpful to get you on the right track with your own organization.
Keep an eye out for more helpful organization tips!
-SC

1 comment:

  1. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the
    web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they
    just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    Feel free to surf to my weblog - best diet plan

    ReplyDelete