CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2012

#2 Pined it- Tried it-

... LOVED IT! 

You can find me on Pinterest HERE!

Last week I found a neat idea on Pinterest that I wanted to give a try- It's a home made serving stand.


The author of this beautiful serving dish used:
*2 different sized plates
*1 bowl
*E-6000 Glue
*2 candle holders

I loved this idea so much I wanted to try it for myself! I am the Queen of serving plates & dishes but I didn't have anything like this! How neat right?

Here's how to recreate what I did!

I used:
*2 different sized plates (that match my kitchen perfectly)
*1 bowl
*2 candle holders
*fake roses
*blue beads
*hot glue

All of these items were purchased at the Dollar Tree near my neighborhood.

First I started with the bigger plate and hot glued the candle holder to the middle (as best as possible).
I then filled the candle holder with the blue beads and 1 single fake rose bud.


Second, I very neatly put hot glue around the top of the candle holder and placed the smaller plate in the middle atop that. (again, as best as possible)
Then I hot glued the last candle holder to the smaller plate, just a slight different angle from the first.



I then filled the second candle holder with the beads and rose bud.



 This alone was almost too cute to continue, I wanted to leave it the way it appears above. How cute!?
But alas, so that I could give you an accurate posting, I continued.

Finally I carefully placed hot glue around the top of the candle holder and VERY carefully placed the bowl on top. The bowl was almost too small for this part so please measure your items first to be sure that everything will fit together correctly. 

 Done!! 

I loved this project! It was quick, simple and fun! I have ideas as to what to give people for the Holidays as practical, useful gifts. These are just too stinkin' cute!

Can't wait to put mine to use!!


Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment