CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2012

Shameful Secrets

If you're reading this in hopes of some deep dark God awful secret then you're not going to be happy! 
LOL!

I was definitely a 90's kid- to the bone. I was around when Howie Mandel voiced Bobby on Bobby's World, when we all thought the world was coming to an end in 1999. I was also a kid who threw a fit for a Tickle Me Elmo when it was FIRST released, not the horrible knock off "anniversary" one they have now. I had good cartoons, discipline, and more importantly GREAT music! 

I was a part of the "pop" generation when it was first cool. I must admit that I was so heavily addicted to the Backstreet Boys that it was not even funny- my walls were COVERED and I went to every concert I could. I knew every word to every song. I was the definition of "Number One Fan" I mean how many people literally choke up and almost puke when they meet someone they think is like God? I swear I about lost my lunch!  Now that they are back- that's cool- but it's not the same- they don't look the same, they don't sound the same, they have changed. When they looked like this:
It was great! And they sounded awesome! But now they look like this:
They look old, a member short, and honestly they sound like old guys- kinda how they look now too!

Clearly that was not a shameful secret- that was something I was proud of- and was not afraid to admit it!

However, do the names Victoria, Geri, Melanie, Melanie, and Emma sound familiar? No? How about: Baby, Posh, Scary, Sporty and Ginger? Yup! Thought that might bring it all flooding back to you! Also known to the World as The Spice Girls!

There it is- I truly loved the Spice Girls, I wouldn't dare to share that news with my friends at the time. But alas, as I hang my head in shame, I knew every word to every song and even (brace yourself) owned the movie! I no longer have the movie or their CD's, though after last night I wish I did. Yesterday the wonderful Spice Girls helped to close the London Olympics. What a job they did too! I remembered why I liked them last night- catchy, up beat, positive, and just fun! No they don't look exactly the same- by no means- but they sounded awesome yesterday! I cannot find a YouTube video from yesterday- the ones from the actual ceremony have been pulled. I would love the share that with you all. But since I can't- you can find the YouTube video with the remix of the music Here!

But since I got to show the BSB I must show then and now pictures of my favorite British ladies! 
Then:
Scary-Baby-Sporty-Posh-Ginger

Now:
Scary-Sporty-Ginger-Baby-Posh

Just to clarify- I don't "not like" the BSB because they got old- I just don't like their sound anymore. Also, at least these girls are doing something more with their lives. 
Scary (Melanie B) is a mommy now! She has 3 children that she cares for, is married, is in production of a 3rd solo album as well as producing and staring in tv shows. Good for her!
Sporty (Melanie C) is also a mommy to a cutie named Scarlett with her long time boyfriend. Topping the charts in the UK with her 5th album in 2011. She's making a name for herself with acting as well as starting her own record label "Red Girl Records."
Ginger (Geri) is something else all together- very successful in my opinion! Also a mommy to a little girl, she has done many things on top of that. A line of children's books written by her, making solo albums, and even took part as a UN representative! Impressive!!
Baby (Emma) has a fiance she's been with for 12 years, 1 radio show, 2 children, 3 albums, and 4 tv shows under her belt- not bad for the youngest member of this popular girl group!
Posh (Victoria) while I would like to say that I like her- that would be a lie. She seems to be a bit of a witch (please know what I really mean there) I mean she won't even get close to her "friends" in the photo above and rarely is seen with a smile on her face. However, she too has been successful. A single album, 4 adorable kids, an extremely sexy husband, a line of designer jeans, designed clothes for a designer in 2004, does runway modeling- for a mother of 4 KUDOS my dear- to have a body to still do that is amazing in itself!


Ok, enough about the Spice Girls- How about these 90's pop musicians? Do you remember them? 

Joey McIntire- in the middle of his New Kids on the Block Days (after the first round & before the one we're going through now)


 Jordan Knight- omg! Same as Joey- right in the middle of the NKOTB days


Britney Spears- before the kids, marriages, and drug addictions.


 Destiny's Child- the first time around- not when they were changing members every week


 Enrique Iglesias before he had the mole removed- when he was still sexy!


 I seem to be the only person that remembers "Crush" by Jennifer Paige- do you?


 Mariah Carey- after her first divorce, but prior to marrying someone that can be her child! (ugh i loved Nick Cannon without Mariah)


 Shaggy! You know "Angel" right?


Christian Aguilera before she became a chunky old lady that dresses like this still!


 N'SYNC- I know I will catch hell for this- but before Lance was gay and Justin was old enough to even think about having sex- let alone getting married.


 No Doubt! I loved them!


 Ricky Martin before he came out of the closet- he's still sexy in this picture!


 TLC- I think they would still be making music if one of them hadn't died. May she RIP.


Will Smith!! YES!! You cannot go wrong with Will Smith. This was prior to him having kids and getting married- he will never be old to me though!


I KNOW I LEFT SOME OUT- but there were so many great artists from the 90's! Who was your favorite?!? Share in the comments below!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the blog!! I remember them all!! However, do not be hating on NSYNC! I'm still addicted lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are the reason I said "i know i will catch hell for this" i was going to put "backstreet boy wannabes" BAHA!

      Delete
  2. haha such a good list of 90's crap haha who didnt love these guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just been informed that No Doubt is releasing a new album this Fall- I'm pretty excited about that!

      Delete
  3. Loved this! A true 90s kid for sure!

    ReplyDelete