CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 17, 2012

Pinned It- Tried It-

If you don't personally know me- I have an addiction to Pinterest! If you have not yet discovered all the greatness that is "Pinterest" I recommend you check it out. 

I'm going to start a new post on my blog (at least once a week called "Pinned it- Tried It-" once inside this blog you will discover what I found on Pinterest that I was willing to try- also you will discover if I succeeded in this venture and how I like it. 

**I may do this more than once a week depending on how busy I am that week- keep your eyes peeled!**

This is post number 1!! YAY!!

A few weeks ago I found "framed bulletin boards" on Pinterest. Below is the picture that was with that post.


How cute are those? I loved this pin because it was unique and something different than what I had seen before. So I ran with it!

I did not have the money to purchase a large frame like what was pictured above so instead I purchased a simple black thin frame that I could add color to on my own.

Upon buying these I found 2 pieces of printed bulletin board material. I loved the flower print that was on it and couldn't resist but to use that for my new project! I ditched the glass that was in the frame (safely and in the recycle bin) prior to starting this project. I measured the space of the frame twice, then marked the bulletin board where I needed to cut. 

This proved to be more tedious than I had expected- this material is difficult to just use scissors with- I recommend a box cutter to get started with the marking. After fighting with the board I placed them in the frames that I had bought and closed the back of the frame. This was the fun part for me- the ribbons I used to add color. I have a stock of ribbons and couldn't decide which would be better for this. Alas I settled on a white glitter and a different lavender. I simply "framed" the board with these ribbons, alternating directions on either board. Elmer's Spray on Glue worked wonders with this project- simply spray, place, hold for 10 seconds, bam- done!

 **Kentucky Momma is on FB!!! Follow Me!!**

I hung up my "masterpiece" and I personally LOVE this idea! Small for my "office" space, yet bright and catching like me =) ((haha))

 I recommend trying this if you want an inexpensive idea for your home office- or even to post a calender on for school or work- have fun with it! You don't have to follow my directions to a "t" or the ones on Pinterest either- make it your own!! 

Happy Crafting!!

1 comment: