CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 9, 2012

UNreal UNjunked Candy

Upon being approached to do a review for this candy I became very excited to try something more healthy to the alternative. 


UNreal Candy has less calories, sugar, carbohydrates, corn syrup and all that other nasty junk than their popular counter parts. I will not lie to you- I am a sucker for M&M's and Milky Way Bars, so when I seen that UNreal had those with less "junk" I knew that was what I had to try! 

UNreal 47 is the version of M&M's I tried along with my husband and a few friends (even the baby of the family- my 20 month old).

Upon first look we all thought how attractive the package was and how bright the candy must have been. It was light weight and very cheap- the regular candy was more expensive at the CVS I went to. That already had my attention. As we opened the package we were slightly disappointed. The colors were dull and it didn't appear to have as many in it as a normal bag of candy. (Which I would usually split with my kids, I wouldn't have been able to do that with this package)

Tasting it wasn't much better. Remarks were made such as:
"Tastes like cheap Halloween Candy from the dollar store"
"This tastes like it's sat on the shelf for months"
and my favorite
"Tastes like feet"
((My friends are brutally honest at times))

I personally didn't like it, it seemed to be dull tasting with the lack of extra "flavor" hat I like to call chocolate- it seriously lacked that taste.

However, my 20 month old tore it up- wouldn't stop eating til they were gone.

I by far would pick M&M's, a few extra cents for a lot more candy and better taste.

The next candy I tried was the equivalent to a Milky Way bar. This is known as Unreal 5.

Again the attractive package and it was cheaper and the exact same size as the normal candy bars. I was more in approval with this one from the beginning. Opening it, it looked to be a normal candy bar, could have fooled my kids any day of the week. This time only my husband and I tried this one, it wasn't something that could be broken apart into multiple pieces to share, nor is a Milky Way bar.

The taste at first, it was different. It took us a few bites to determine whether it was a good different or a bar different. It seemed thicker, chewy, and yet it was still edible. The caramel was awesome- that was probably my favorite part honestly. It still lacked the chocolate taste and was almost TOO chewy for my liking. 

It was decent though, until the after taste hit and I wanted to gag, it tasted like old candy you find like 4 months after Halloween. I couldn't eat this again. This was wonderful until it was gone then the taste was awful.

So again, I would go with the nationally known brand of Milky Way.


But to each their own, we all have different tastes- pick one up at your local CVS store and give it a try! There are 5 different ones to try, I didn't try the other 3, they may be much better. 

Happy Snacking!! 

((Another review for this product can be found HERE! ))

**These opinions are clearly my own- the company had no say in this review**

No comments:

Post a Comment