CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26th History

I have been specifically waiting for this day simply so I could mention one of my favorite American Presidents. President John F. Kennedy. ((This is by no means a hint as to what "party" I'm voting for- I simply love him & his cursed family)).


On September 26, 1960 the very first televised Presidential debate was aired. A nice looking young gentleman by the name of John Kennedy and his opponent Richard Nixon held their first televised debate in front of their awaiting American's. 


I'm sure you already know- Kennedy went on to win that election, only to be murdered on November 22, 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald. (Whom by a twisted turn of events was murdered 2 days later leaving a court house.)


Now I'm not saying he "deserved" this punishment but at the same time- you get what you give and our President surly didn't deserve to be shot straight through the head. If the shoe fits right? 

In an ironic turn of events, Jack Ruby was convicted of the murder of Lee Harvey Oswald and in January of 1967 he died of lung cancer.

While this story doesn't end well for anyone involved in it- it's a great piece of American History that I will make sure my children know about. President Kennedy was wonderful...

With that- look at how things have changed in the past 52 years. At that time it was a huge deal to have a debate on the television- heck it was a big deal to HAVE a television. Now there's one in every room of the house and I'm begging the political commercials to stop.

My how simple things use to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment