CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Princess is turning 6!

In about 26 days (not that I'm counting) my Princess will be turning 6 years old! It's a mess how I feel about this right now, I'm sure over time it will get easier but right now my baby girl is growing up. Moving on... this is my baby girl on her first day of 1st grade...

She's so beautiful! 
Anyway... she's hooked on Tangled right now (the Disney version of Rapunzel). This was what she picked as her birthday theme, and as most little girls, she's going to get her way. She's spoiled and I'm not too ashamed to admit that to anyone. I have lots of birthday ideas and I'd like to share them with everyone, I'm open to input and suggestions if you have any feel free to leave it in a comment and I will take all things into consideration. 

This is something I want to do...
This is yarn that has been braided together and strung around the door to look like Rapunzel's hair. I love this idea! I think Princess would love this as well. I only have one adjustment I want to make to it, I think at the end of the hair I will have it going "inside" of a tower window that will be hung up near the birthday cake itself. In that tower window I hope to have a picture of Rapunzel overlooking the cake area. (Clearly since it's still in my head I don't have a picture of it)

Her cake is being made by a friend of mine named Amber- THANKS A TON GIRL! The cake will resemble this... 
The doll will be real though and the cake will have my daughter's name on it. It's not going to be this exact cake. I also plan on having a dozen or so cupcakes around it in case there isn't enough cake. 

For food we usually do pizza. but this time I think we will do a small "spread" and have variations instead. I think I like the idea of having a fruit tray and a veggie tray (or a couple of each), with some homemade bread and honey butter, crackers and cheese ball would be good too. Again of course this is all in my head so I don't have a picture of it to share just yet.

I also like the idea of having paper lanterns hung up around the party area to make it look like when the lanterns were released into the sky in the movie. I bought paper lanterns from a website for my wedding and they were great, loved them, so many options in the area of color. Here it is!

I also have little plastic margarita glasses that I'm going to take art pens and write the girls names on them and tie pretty ribbon around the handle of it and make them "Princess Glasses." My Princess is very excited for that, after the party I'm going to dry the glasses out and put their goodie bag stuff in them.The glasses look something like this right now...

I am also going to take a BIG piece of white paper and hang it on our fence in the back yard. I'm going to let the kids have smocks and paint brushes and have at it with some washable paints that they will get to take home with them and then take the picture and hang it up in my Princess's room as a reminder of her birthday party with maybe some pictures of her & the party guests painting it hung up around it. 

I also might have a few coloring sheets on a table with some crayons in case it rains or in case some want to color instead of paint. 

A few of my ideas came from Super Mom! Check her out Here!

I am hoping this goes off without a hitch- I really think she'll enjoy it! 

Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment