CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lunch Time Feeding Frenzy

At my house my kids get 3 meals a day, 1 snack (sometimes 2), and desert if they finish all of their dinner & all of their lunch. So would someone like to tell me why Lunch Time at my house is like a herd of cattle that haven't eaten in days?

It starts with Princess and her constant "I'm hungry" followed shortly behind Bubby saying "fooood." On weekends that we have Wyatt you will hear this small voice from the back of the crowd saying "i want food too" which usually gets drowned out by BB squalling for his mid day jar of food and bottle.
Keep in mind that Pork Chop is at work during the day and I'm at home alone!

So naturally my kids can't do anything simple, so, they all want something different to eat! I'm rushed to make hot dogs for this one, a sandwich for this one, and pizza rolls for this one... all while trying to mix a bottle and make the baby's food warm.

It all gets done and they're acting like they're starving to death, I pour drinks and set their plates and cups on the table. Aaahhhhh.... time to feed to baby and be done with lunch... ummm NOPE not in my house! I feed the baby a whole 15 minutes, he's done, he takes his bottle and goes down for a nap. I return to the kitchen just to see two bites out of a sandwich, one pizza roll consumed, and maybe half a hot dog gone... WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE?!?!?!

They were starving to death just 15 minutes ago, why does it take so long to eat that little? What was the screaming for food all about? Really? I mean you could just say "hey mom I'm hungry, can we have lunch" and not act like you're dying. 

They had breakfast around 9am, they ask for lunch and I gave it to them a few hours later at 12pm, they will have a handful of Cheez-Nips or a few Vanilla Wafers at around 3pm, and won't eat again until almost 6:30pm, why don't they just throw fits over dinner? There's a bigger break there, you would think they would be more hungry then- apparently not though, my kids are odd.

Well I have rather enjoyed ranting about their lunch habits, now I must clean up from lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment