CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Heart attack anyone?

9pm last night (Sunday August 28th) I put my baby in his sleeper to get ready for bed. He was perfectly fine. 

9am this morning he wakes up- looking like a complete mess!


This was on his belly, back, and thighs at that time. I was FREAKING OUT! What was this craziness? Who injected my baby with "swelly bumpy cream"??? Who was about to get the momma claws sank into their neck?

I called the dr IMMEDIATELY! Got him in for just an hour and a half later. (10:30). I was not happy when I got there and realized that it was spreading!


I was freaking out! As you can tell in that first pic, there wasn't any bumps on his face this morning, but by the time we reached the dr there sure was and on his neck too! (Also in his hair and around his arms, he wouldn't let me get pics of that though!)

Dr comes in, starts examining this awfulness... 

The Right Leg

The Left Leg

His Back (which was getting worse by the minute- literally!)

His Belly (that as even you can see- got worse in a matter of just 1 1/2 hours!)

She starts asking a million questions.
What's he eaten in the past 24 to 48 hours?
 Formula and vegetables he's had a thousand times before- clearly he eats well, nothing is really out of his league right now.
What's he been in contact with? 
Nothing really unusual, he was around a few dogs yesterday but no direct contact.
Anything out of the ordinary? 
Not that I can think of at the moment no.
Any new lotions or soaps? 
Nope, same thing since he was born.
Any new perfumes or laundry soaps? 
Not for anyone in the house.
What medications is he on and are any of them new?
 Zyrtec every night and he was recently prescribed Amoxicillin by another dr at the practice. 

DING DING DING- THERE YOU HAVE IT! WE GOT AN ANSWER! 

My entire family (almost) is allergic to Penacillin- a direct additive to Amoxicillin. Something he's been on a million times before for infections. But also something they have just upped his dose of- literally doubled it with this last prescription. 

My baby was diagnosed with hives due to an allergic reaction to his antibiotic. They have him on an allergy medicine and a steroid in order to combat the side effects he's suffering right now. He's acting ok, just doesn't look ok. We were told to keep an eye on his breathing to make sure that the skin reaction doesn't become anything more- apparently babies his age can go into annicaleptic shock (wow i know i spelled that wrong!) if they're condition goes untreated for too long- I caught his early though and we have it taken care of now.

I feel bad for the little guy, God love him, he needs some special loves and extra hugs for the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment