CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 13, 2013

Kids Craft: Bottom of My Heart

Good Afternoon Loves!

I want to share this wonderful craft we did with my daughter's Girl Scout troop this past week. I had something else planned to post today but this was too stinkin cute NOT to post!

PLEASE FORGIVE MY DAUGHTER'S HANDWRITING!
She's extremely intelligent- just doesn't believe that others should have to read what she writes LOL!
"From the bottom of my heart...
To the tips of my toes...
I Love You!"

The she added her own little thing at the bottom telling me I am a great mom (well DUH!) and Love, Brooklyn. (that's rare for me to use her actual name on here but I needed to post the picture for an example.)

This was a Mother's Day gift for me and for the other girls moms as well. 

Super simple to do.

*****************************************************************

Need:
*Thick Card Stock or Canvas
*Paint
*Pencil/Marker/Pen

Directions:  

*Have the child write across the top: "From the bottom of my heart"

*Paint the child's hands for them. Just a little bit of paint is needed on one hand and they can gently rub their hands together to equally coat them in whatever paint color they chose. 
*Turn the paper upside down (the words will be closer to their body upside down so they can't "read" it at this time.)
*Place one hand down on the paper firmly and lift straight up when you feel that hand has been imprinted on the paper evenly. 
*Carefully place the opposite hand on the paper so that the fingers will overlap with the paint fingers already on the paper. Lift straight up when done pressing this hand as well.
((This should leave you with an upside down heart, twist the paper around so you can read the words and have the heart correct too.))
*WASH CHILD'S HANDS OR USE A WET WIPE TO REMOVE PAINT FROM HANDS*

*Under the heart have child write: "To the tips of my toes...."

*Help the child wipe the foot clean and dry thoroughly. 
*Evenly coat with paint
*Help child press the foot evenly on to the paper, pressing firmly to get the entire foot on the paper.
*Lift straight up to remove the foot from the paper.
*WASH CHILD'S FOOT OR USE A WET WIPE TO REMOVE PAINT FROM FOOT*

*Next to the foot painted on the paper, have the child write: "I Love You!"

 **ALLOW TO DRY THOROUGHLY BEFORE GIVING AS A GIFT**

***********************************************************************

This project took our Girl Scout troop less than 15 minutes to complete and roughly about 10 minutes to dry since we just used acrylic paint.

I received mine for Mother's Day, but this gift would be great for:
*Valentine's Day- February 14th
*Father's Day- June 16th
 *Grandparent's Day- September 8th
*Christmas- December 25th
*Caregiver's Birthdays
*Teacher Appreciation

**Please bare in mind that I am Baptist and do not know too many other religious Holidays that this could be given out at. Take it and make it your own though!!

Happy Crafting!
-SC

No comments:

Post a Comment