CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dark Knight Rises (Movie Review)

The trilogy directed by Christopher Nolan was ended well- perhaps too well- leaving one to think "what's next?" I think Christopher Nolan out did himself with this movie, it trumps all his others including the first two in his series of Batman movies. What a director, what a movie! I would watch this movie over and over without despair. I highly recommend!

I would love to give an outline but I'm do afraid of ruining it for others that I refuse. Just know that it's well worth the money that you will spend on it- just don't spend $23 at the concessions like my husband did!




Christian Bale plays the leading role of "Bruce Wayne" aka Batman. As a female I can say this- WOW! Best looking Batman ever! Seriously, he's tall, dark and handsome with amazing acting talent. He truly is my favorite Batman to date. 

 Bruce Wayne took on an interesting story line in this movie, starting out rough and distant, the socialite does come out of his shell and Batman returns once again to save Gotham. I was thrilled where the story took him and how Christian Bale played the role, he seemed to take it over completely.







Of course you can't have a Batman flick without Michael Caine as Alfred. He's a classic, very talented, and "fits" the role in my eyes. This man brought me to tears in this movie. I cannot go any deeper into detail in fear of ruining your movie experience. 






Also returning to his role as Lucius is Morgan Freeman. Enough said- it's "God" for goodness sakes! I love Morgan, and I love Lucius, you cannot go wrong with Morgan Freeman in your movie! 






New to the franchise, Tom Hardy. I don't think anyone else could play the role of Bane quite the way that Tom did. Excellent. Scary, stern and awesome! He played the villain that comes to torture poor Batman. Again I cannot go into great detail, because his story is a large part of the movie. 






 Anne Hathaway- I love her- she came into this movie as a newbie playing Cat Woman. Great role for her! I'm use to seeing her in "Princess Diaries" and "Ella Enchanted" but Cat Woman was a complete 180 from where previous Disney movies had placed her. She plays a sexy villainess quite well. While I must admit that I wasn't fond of how she entered the movie, she ended her role with me asking for more. Bravo Anne!

  



One of my favorite actors in this movie is also a newbie. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He plays a police officer named Blake. He is a good guy, thank goodness, I would have hated to see him play a villain. He is a warm hearted man with a love for others. You will love him even more at the end of the movie. Especially if you are a big Batman fan.





 The structure of the movie was pretty traditional, it leads into it and then rises to the climax, but at that point it pretty much stays at a climax, it ends with a lot of excitement. The lighting and shooting was perfect for the mood and feel of the movie. I felt like I was right there in all the action. Of course the music was catchy, as in the other movies, it's original and infectious. 

I highly recommend this movie to young adults and adults. I would not recommend this movie for young children or those that are afraid of violence. 

Once you have seen it- leave your opinions below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment