CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st in History

October 1st, I'm sure many many things have happened in history- however, the one I'm going to focus on is personally my favorite of the day... DISNEY WORLD OPENED!!!!

On October 1st, 1971 Roy D. Disney gave a wonderful speech in honor of his late brother Walter Disney at the opening of the Magic Kingdom in Florida. 


That's him- the man himself and of course Roy Disney! ((lol)) The Castle was just as magical then as it is today. Standing at 189 feet tall (starting at the concrete base under the moat) the Castle has become an icon for the Disney company. 

I have been twice and personally I would LOVE to go back. My kids thoroughly enjoyed it, while my husband on the other hand- not so much. It was "too crowded' for him, but hey what do you expect? It's only the Happiest Place on Earth!

Look at this image from "LIFE" magazine- I love it- this was prior to the "image" being girly, this has MY characters on it. Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Eeyore, Pooh, the Dwarfs, Pinocchio... good stuff!! ((before I get hate mail- no I don't hate the Princess's- I love them- but this was basic- taking things back to easy so to speak))

That's today's "history" lesson... What's YOUR favorite Disney memory? Movie? A Trip? Share in a comment below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment