CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

BB put me in a "new" spot

While I'm not sure if you would consider the Emergency Room "new" for me what I have had to deal with afterwards and prior to it certainly are "new." 

While at a friends house last Saturday BB was playing in my van (as we were about to leave) and our friends son (6) went over to play with him, upon opening the door BB tumbled out about 3 1/2 feet on to a concrete curb. Blood was gushing- hubby almost passed out. I  was terrified while yet keeping my composure enough to hold a rag on his head until we reached the ER. I got smart with the receptionist who was taking her dear sweet time and asked "what's wrong with him" DUH look at the blood all over my poor babies face!! Idiots get paid an insane amount of money I swear. 



The nurses were Gold to BB- he was eatin them all up. Batting his eyes, smilin real big- that was wonderful to him. 

Concussion free was the best part of that night- he could eat and drink as he pleased- AFTER they put liquid stitches in.. oh boy...

There was 2 of us holding him down, 1 holding a cell phone so he could watch "Mater Tales" and the Doc was putting the stitches in.

While he is okay- we have a nasty looking bandage that is suppose to fall off on its own. He hits his head on something at least once a day and causes it to bleed a little bit. This is new territory for me. I haven't had to watch every single move he makes before- or any of the kids actually. 

But bless his heart- with that nasty thing and Halloween right around the corner- I think we might have the "lightning bolt" for a Harry Potter costume. haha!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Poor baby boy :( Sorry to hear you went through this and I am glad he is okay!

    ReplyDelete